Thursday, November 27, 2008

It's the RIGHT choice!

My last working day in Ceva Freight had finally come...! and gone....

Despite telling myself to pack up my stuff many days ago, I finally took the time to do it this morning. Well, I have no choice, haven't I? Nothing much to pack - just 3 medium size carton boxes. Mostly my training files, docs and books. And food... I snapped a few pictures of my room. Just as remembrance. Was thinking of sharing them here. But can't do it now. My old desktop with different photo editing software - Nero Photosnap is giving me problems!! It doesn't help that I'm a non-IT savvy person!

My team organised a farewell lunch for me at KFC in Giant Hypermarket, Bayan Baru. Near to my office and easy parking. As usual, I had great fun by simply watching their funny antics and listening to their jokes. Oh, I wish I can share here those photos that we took there now! But nevermind... will do so once I fixed this photo editing issue. The current photo sizes are too huge to be uploaded. Sigh... Patient...

Another incident on D-day worth mentioning. I was one of the few staff in the country that encountered server access issue the whole day today! Just great! I had not completed clearing up my emails and this had to happen just on the day I'm leaving the company! At that moment of discovery, I thought I could hear a soft whisper in my ear, "Served you right... You should have known that this is the consequence of doing things at the last minute..." When will I ever learn??!! So, no choice. I was forced to have 2 PCs right in front of my face to perform multi-tasking. My laptop to work on offline stuff and an old desktop to work online.

Hmmm... all of the "rojak" (mixture) feelings I had today, it was the feeling of happiness and sense of freedom that over-shadowed the rest. Towards the last 1 hour of my career in this company, I felt as if I was floating in the air. Wide smile on my face... I felt liberated!

There's no doubt - I have made the RIGHT choice!

0 comments: