Saturday, November 15, 2008

New found toy

What a great appetite she had today! Thank God! Both of us had fun at meal time. I made the "moi" (porridge) a bit diluted (as recommended by my aunty) and I think she likes it better this way. She was slurping in the "moi" most of the time. And since, I don't have my feeding team at home here, I'm all - the 3-in-1 role: feeding, playing with her and keeping her sit still.

So, how did I do all that? I find strapping her down in her high chair works well. She wouldn't have a chance to get up. Unlike in kopitiams (coffee shops) where most of the high chair strap buckles were spoilt. Thus, she's let free most of the time. Then, I stuck a balloon that we got from the government agencies roadshow in Queensbay Shopping Mall recently on her high chair. Well, it has shrunk in size since it has been more than 2 weeks we got it. So, it became more baby-friendly. Leia was happy that she could pinch and squeeze the balloon much easily now.

Yeah, pinched and squeezed the balloon until it popped! Burst. Instead of crying for losing a toy to play with, the rubber remains of the burst balloon became a new toy to her!

Pulled and strectched

New found joy!

Tore into two....

Oopsss... there was more on the floor

"Nevermind, continue"


So, the rule of thumb to a successful feeding - keep the girl entertained!