Monday, November 3, 2008

Evening walk at Air Itam Dam

It was 5 in the evening on last Saturday. The weather was good. So, hubby agreed to take us to Penang Air Itam Dam (water reservoir) for a walk. It's a popular place for jogging or even just sight-seeing. We personally prefer this place than Botanical Garden or Youth Park for our light exercise as it has cleaner air and it is so much less crowded. So...we get to enjoy the beautiful scenery without having to worry about avoiding the heavy human traffic.

Leia seemed to know that we're going out for some adventure. She was feeling so excited, rocking herself in her car seat, singing, dancing and talking all the way there! I was amused. hehehe...


Sticking out her tongue while waving to papa happily. On our way to pick up my little cousin brother...


Nice, breezy ride...


"We have reached!"


Get ready for the adventure?


Greens everywhere. Papa taking the lead


Look at the tortoises...


Breathtaking view...


"Careful, Leia. Sit still"


"Wheeeee...!"


Leia and papa taking a break


Overlooking the city


Very nice place. I felt a great sense of peace - taking in the clean, fresh air... and enjoying the beautiful, green scenery.

It never fails to bring back good old memories of my younger days adventures here - picnic and hiking trips with my schoolmates, exercising-cum-dating experiences, exercising-cum-listening to good advises from my aunties....

Will certainly go back again. Another added page of memory down the lane...

3 comments:

2xMum said...

Leia is so adorable! Hmm, long time didn't go up Air Itam Dam already. Perhaps, I should suggest my DH to take his boy up there for a walk. :)

Tahiyyah M. said...

Hey.. this is so nice. I felt so at peace just looking at the pictures. Lucky you to stay in Penang!

I like your blog skin. Did it yourself huh? Think I should spice up mine a little also.. don't you think?

anne said...

Hi! Ya, blessed to be surrounded by hills and sea :)

I like your blog skin too. It has a very calming effect on me. As a matter, I was searching high and low on such free template online but nothing looks good enough. Thankfully, my hubby agreed to create a customised one for me. Hehe! He's an expert in web design and multimedia whereas I'm the opposite!