Thursday, November 20, 2008

Countdown

Countdown begins...! Next Thursday - 27th Nov will be my last working day. How do I feel? Mixed feelings actually. Excited, can't wait, anxious, "gabra", worried, happy.....

Hmmm... I have yet to pack my things. It has been the usual day-to-day work till now. Meeting customers, replying emails, managing service KPIs (key performance index), solving issues, staff counselling, etc... etc. I have done my official hand-over. So, I guess it's just time to clear up the final pieces and pack my stuff.

I looked around my office room. What will I leave behind? What sort of impact have I made to the company and my team? It's been more than 2 years since I joined this company. My third official company after my graduation. I served the longest in my second company - Maersk Line. It was more than 5 years. If it was not for our decision to settle down in my hometown after our wedding, I would have probably still working in Maersk.

My hubby found it absurd to feel sentimental about a company - an abstract with buildings, equipments and people. But I choose to defer in opinion. It is like my second home with real people living in it. Those fond and not-so fond memories that we accumulated in our years of service. How can we just erase them and not have any feeling towards it?

I have the tendency to call everything and everyone that I associate with the word, "my" or "our". My "Maersk", our "Ceva", my "Karen", our "Heng".... Crazy you may call me but that's how strong a bond I can build for something/ relationship over time...

1 comments:

Tahiyyah M. said...

Oh I am so jealous! One more month to go for me!