Sunday, November 23, 2008

Outsource it!

The hourly maid didn't turn up this morning! So, both hubby and I ended up cleaning the house on our own. Not the entire house, though... It would take us the whole day or more! Luckily, my dad-in-law was around to baby-sit Leia. She loves his company very much :)

This hourly maid home cleaning service has such great demand in Penang. I can expect the answer given by the agencies, "sorry but fully-booked" if I were to attempt to place booking for such service at the eleventh hour - a day before. They are not that pricey - I'd like to think. RM40 for 4 hours...

Frankly speaking, I have never thought that I would be one of those people who hire maids to clean houses. Being a person who cannot stand the sight of unsatisfactory cleaning job - stains that didn't come off after the job done just irks me. So, I would rather do it myself eventhough it means that I can expect an aching back and sore fingers later the day.

I still remember that one particular evening. I was 9 months pregnant. I assigned myself to cleaning up the living hall and the garden while my hubby took on other roles. It's been few days since we last swept the car porch and the garden. So, dried leaves and our dog's hair were everywhere! So, this "Madam Superclean" was very determined to do a great job. I made sure that all corners were swept and cleaned in whatever possible ways I could think of. So without a doubt, I was very satisfied with the end result...

Only to be waken up the next morning with terrible pain near my womb. I couldn't bend down and had difficulty walking. Doctor said I had over-stressed myself and thus, I was given 2 days rest. Thank God baby was alright.

Now that with this baby Leia around, I realise even more the importance of having enough time to spend with my family, what more quality time. So, as much as I would like to continue to have super-clean house throughout the year, I guess this needs to be compromised. "Outsource" it to a maid agency and let them do the "dirty" and time-consuming work while I spend quality time with Leia and hubby.

As for the stains, I'll close one eye...

0 comments: