Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Halal Certification (Part 2)

Getting Halal certification is tough. I went to the Penang State Islam Department last week to find out more. Back to chicken and egg story. I need to have a license for my biz (from the state Municipal Council) before I consider this. And for me to have this license, I need to operate from a factory. A small shoplot at least. And to get a small shoplot, I will need to put in a few thousands and then wait for inspection and approval from the authority which will take another 6 months. Crap. I'm now currently operating it home-based. Will need to secure a substantial amount of market base before I start investing on those fixed overhead cost. So, I guess for now... I'll have to target those non-Halal buyers first. As the volume grows, I'll take those big steps. Headaches... A friend of mine has been kind enough to let me tag along to meet her customers. She's in food industry too. So, I have started penetrating hotels as well. Wish me luck!

0 comments: