Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Where is the light at the end of the tunnel?

My decision to resign from my present job is certainly not well-received by my family members, close relatives and certain friends. To them - it was a very dumb move considering the fact that I'm taking home quite a big paycheck every month and recession is showing its strong sign...what a timing, right? I know they are concern of my financial welfare but is that the only thing that really matters?

Believe me, it was a very hard decision to make. It took me months of serious discerning before I took the plunge. But we must do it for only the right purposes. For me - as a mother and wife, the purpose is very clear. It breaks my heart every single time I can't take my daughter home from my baby-sitter's place at night on the weekdays. Sometimes, even the weekends are not spared. I'm either away traveling for business or work till late night. An exhausted woman can't play good roles as a mother and wife...

Nevertheless, with my hubby's support, I took the brave step and threw in the towel. And you know what, God really understands the anxieties and fears corporate women like us feel when our career hit rockbottom.

I'm amazed by the turn of events in my life right now. I can only believe that God asks me to continue to surrender to Him and allow Him to guide me to the right direction. The better plan has yet to arrive, perhaps?

As the saying goes, "one door closes, many doors open".

Have faith!

Would like to share with you this very good speech by CEO of Apple - Steve Jobs in Stanford University Graduation Day. reflect on his experiences

0 comments: