Sunday, October 19, 2008

The 8th Habit

Lately I've been reading quite a bit on self-enrichment related books. My recent ones are Stephen Covey's, "The 8th Habit" and Robert Kiyosaki's, "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". To own my surprise, I actually enjoyed reading them a lot! I used to think that self-enrichment books are boring and they are merely theories that I can learn in my own life. Don't waste money.

Well, due to above reason... it was certainly not me who got those 2 books for my own self. It was my hubby. He has always felt that I don't read enough, especially good books that can help me widen my knowledge and perspectives of life. Despite this "push" given by him, I was still not excited to start reading the first book borrowed, "The 8th Habit". Believe me, I did make the effort though. I brought the book to my office - an attempt to read it during my lunch break. Unfortunately, it was displayed on my desk for more than 2 weeks untouched. Blame it to the availability of fast internet access at office. You see, I'm more interested to do info or life-skill tips searching over the internet... The information is endless...

So, when did I manage to read "The 8th Habit" after all? Due recognition has to be given to my hubby's tireless encouragement. I finally followed his advise and checked out a short movie made available in Stephen Covey's website. It's very interesting. To gain access to his movies, I just need to register in his website. I'm pretty impressed with the website that he has. It has also a "Ask Dr.Covey" column that gives individuals an opportunity to learn first-hand as he personally teaches them the principles of setting, tracking and achieving personal goals.

So now, my learning journey with Stephen Covey does not end with the book. The follow-up will be online :)

0 comments: