Monday, October 20, 2008

Baby Food

A few months back I was searching high and low for a good website that can give me some tips on the right food type for my baby's age when I stumbled upon this pretty good website.

I find I can look up many of the recommended baby food types in our local market. But of course, it also goes back to individual taste of what should be fed to our babies as many of us coming from different background, religion and culture will have our own "pantang larang" (can have's and can't have's).

It also has home-made baby food recipes that we can try out. I haven't started that yet but let's set the target this coming weekend. I'll post the outcome of the "experiment" in my blog next week. :)

As for now, I'm content of getting the right food type for Leia and putting them all in the slow cooker to cook a wholesome meal for her. Twice a day.

This is the ingredient list of her nutrient-packed "moi" (porridge):

1. 4-5 scoops of white rice (baby spoon)
2. a handful of anchovies (10-15 nos)
3. a piece of lean meat/ half cooked egg
4. half stick of sweet corn
5. 1 medium size potato
6. 1 medium size carrot
7. a small bundle of spinach/broccoli
8. a cube of pumpkin

Yummy!

Take note that we only need the essence of anchovies, meat and sweet corn. So, remember to take them out before feeding your baby. These are hardy food. Not advisable to be given to babies below 1 year-old. They may not be able to chew properly and this may increase the risk our babies' choking.

0 comments: