Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My customised blog header!

Yahooooo.....!! I finally have my personalised blog header! That's a good start. Thanks to my the other half who's an expert in this area.

2 evenings ago, I messed up my blog by uploading a very sophisticated public blog template to replace the limited and standard templates offered by blogspot. Not foreseeing the complicated technical aspect that I'll be facing, I excitedly uploaded it successfully after several persistent attempts. Then later it struck me that I couldn't comprehend the "step-by-step"configuration guideline in order for the template to function in my blog properly. My world started to spin as I started to panic and force myself to read over and over again the guideline text. Only to be disappointed by my incapability. Man, that was tough for an IT not-so-savvy person like me!

Oh...that's the over-confident me. But now I learnt my lesson....(not so hard way...hehehe...I still managed to "save" my blog. thanks to the assistance given to me)

So, ground rules for uploading blog template that I'll never break again;

1. Always make sure a copy of the existing template is saved as my back-up plan. Just in case I don't like my blog new look or just in case another disaster happens

2. Never ever perform the customisation on my existing blog. Instead, set up a new blog within Blogger to test out the new template before really start using it. All I need to do is to go to my Blogger dashboard and "create new blog".

3. Do not be shy to seek advise from the experts - not only to save my time to get it done but to save me from unforeseen disasters I might have created!

eblogtemplates.com offers great, professional-looking blog templates for both blogspot and wordpress. Don't say I don't warn you though... try to follow above ground rules. Don't learn the hard way like I did... Not so smart.

0 comments: