Thursday, October 23, 2008

Never ever shake a baby!

Overwhelming sad emotion enveloped my heart as I read a forwarded email by my friend about a 3 month-old baby girl who passed away due to parental negligence/abuse. Her life was cut short by SBS (Shaken Baby Syndrome)...


Her name is London Marie Sherwood. This innocent, beautiful baby girl was left in the custody of her young dad by the mom. Out of frustration in managing first time helpless baby, he shook her so roughly that it has caused severe internal organs damage to her. I have enclosed an url here that links you to a website that explained the details.

On December 4th, 2007, Jessica Sherwood had to do something no mother should ever have to do. At 2:29 pm Jessica made a very tough decision to take her little 3 month old daughter off life support

This is what Jessica said:
'If anyone has kids, make sure that you keep them with you the whole time. Don't give them to anyone that you don't trust. Trust me, I thought that I trusted Josh (the father).

But now as of December 4, 2007 at 2:29 AM, she is gone. My one & only baby . & He is going to pay FOREVER, even if he gets out of jail scott free, he will be dead no matter what.

& To all my friends that know
London , I am very angry & upset that I lost the love of my life, my babygirl. She died on her three month birthday . London had six fractured ribs, both of her legs were fracture, & her brain was so damaged that if she were to live she would be a vegetable. So I did what was right & what was best for her & took her off life support.

That's what you call Shaken Baby Sydrome [SBS]

Parents, please take some time to reflect - our own parenting journey thus far and how best can we give to our children? Especially our time and our attention which money can't buy...

0 comments: