Thursday, October 23, 2008

My job resignation announcement

The letter of acceptance finally came from HR about 3.30 this afternoon. That was coming to 3 weeks when I first tendered my resignation. That also means that I will have to serve for another 5 weeks... My official last day is 1st Dec 2008.

With that, I called my Penang customer service team into my room to make a personal announcement to them. It was supposed to be a 5 minutes talk but it lasted almost an hour. Personally, it was a very emotional announcement. I almost couldn't control my tears when I explained them the reasons. But they understand... Yes, family certainly comes first.

Tomorrow morning, I will have to make the same announcement to my KL and Johor teams.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi dear,

Just found out on your resignation & franky am not really suprise on your decision since we did have this talk before. From your posting in this blog, believe that you are a much happier person after making up your mind.... money is ultimately not everything + you & I know how hectic the logistic industry can be.....hmmmmm

Anyway, wishing you the best in whatever you decide to do in future. Remember when the going gets tough, the tough gets going ....
I know I've been a lousy fren nowadays which 'disappears' often, but do give me a call whenever you feel like it..... I promise to call you back later if I can't answer your call immediately ..... hahahahaha......

By the way, absolutely LOVE your blog girl! It will save me tons of research & reading when I become a mum leh .... hehehehe .... Keep up the good work!
Also, I know everyone has been telling you this but I have to repeat this ..... Leia is such a CUTIE .... just don't know how many hearts she will break later in life .....

anne said...

Hi Sammi,

Thanks for checking out my blog! I'm glad you like it :)

Yes, thank God that I have learnt to let go and no more looking back. Indeed, I'm looking forward to experiencing new things and new ppl in my life right now with this change of focus.

I'm more settled now and am enjoying every bit of the extra quality time I have with Leia now.

Can't wait to catch up with you soon!

anne said...

Hi Sammi,

Thanks for checking out my blog! I'm glad you like it :)

Yes, thank God that I have learnt to let go and no more looking back. Indeed, I'm looking forward to experiencing new things and new ppl in my life right now with this change of focus.

I'm more settled now and am enjoying every bit of the extra quality time I have with Leia now.

Can't wait to catch up with you soon!