Saturday, December 13, 2008

A trip to the playground

Yesterday, I took Leia and her young "ku ku" (uncles in Hokkien) to the playground near my ah ma's (grandma in Hokkien) house. Since her papa will only be coming home at dinner time, I decided to spend the time "wisely" and bring along her "ku ku" to have an exercise session with us. The older "ku ku" has mentioned several times of his wish to play at that playground earlier. So, I made his wish came true yesterday... :)

It was a 15 minutes walk from ah ma's house and very near to the new supermarket - Econsave. We had fun pushing Leia in her stroller to the place. We took turns. At one point of time, we even had to lift her up (together with her stroller) to avoid the uneven and rocky path. It was her moment of being a princess carried in her carriage... hahaha!

I let Leia sat on a swing with me. She didn't quite like it. Struggled to release herself from my grip. I think it was probably because she felt restrained. So, I let her tried standing while her both hands holding on the metal. Oh, she loved it! We could her "ki ki ka ka"! (laughters)

Then, I let her tried the slide. It was her first time. So, I guided her and sat her at the top of the slide before pushing her down gently. Initially it felt a bit awkward. But after a few tries, she got it and wanted to try it out on her own.

Slowly but surely

Reached the top!

Ready?

"Weeee......!!"

Older "ku ku", KW appreciating the view from the top

Balancing act by the younger "ku ku", KS

Despite the fun at the playground, I seriously could not stand the mosquitoes! I got bitten like more than 5 bites and Leia got 2! It must be the rainy season. There are mosquitoes everywhere! Even now, as I'm sitting down typing away, I think at least a mosquito is happily sucking out blood from me! Aarrggh! Itchy!

So, after half an hour there, I decided to lead the "rombongan" (group in Malay) home. Enough of blood donation!

Leia and her "koh poh" (aunty in Hokkien)

KW - the camera-shy boy ducked as soon as I took out my camera

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try to put up some listerine (yeah, the mouth rising liquid) before you go out. I find it especially useful to keep the mosquito away.

anne said...

Hi Ming Chee,

Thanks for the tip! Will try it! :)