Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Let's go swimming...

Wow... in less than 2 weeks, Leia has gone to the swimming pool 4 times! Since I'm not working now, I finally have all the reasons to swim again. It's been so long.... my last time was I was pregnant.

Every single swimming trip will require 3 bags full of clothes, swimming gadgets for the adults and the small one, drinking water, soap and shampoo, food, what else... So, for this mommy - it was a pretty stressful preparation. Well, at least for the first time. The list of "what need to bring along" seemed endless...

Gladly enough, Leia wasn't so afraid of water. Seeing her "papa" and "kong kong" swimming in the pool, she too wanted to go near. At first, she couldn't recognise them (as they were in their goggles) but after a while of convincing (taking off and putting on the goggles), she smiled and waved at them. That was the ice-breaker.

In her cute "hand-me-down" swimsuit from her cousin in US. Getting all ready

Naturally, she gets more comfortable dipping herself in the pool after a few trips. The last trip we went, she couldn't wait to get into the pool! As soon as I put her into her swim suit, she crawled towards the edge of the pool on her own.

Can't wait to go swimming again tomorrow. Hopefully I'll recover from my back pain by then. Was moving around like an old granny today...

0 comments: