Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lazy weekend

It's only 4.00pm on Sunday but seems like I've been sitting here in the living hall for hours.... Time certainly crawls at this moment.

Rainy day... It's been raining non-stop since yesterday morning. The positive points are the air is fresh and the weather's just nice. Good time to just relax and do nothing. That's exactly what I've been doing... Doing nothing. Light newspaper and Facebook reading. Till I get so bored....and lazy...

The whole neighbourhood seems to come to a standstill except for the on-going passing by cars in front of the house. At least that keeps me company. Leia's soundly asleep. Since 1.30pm... Hubby woke up not long ago and he's out now. Maid - probably still finding things to do to keep her occupied. Pa-in-law is still resting nicely in his room....

What's there interesting and productive for me to do right now? Think about what to cook again? Oh... not again, though I must admit that I like to cook. I'm putting on weight again, that's why! Hmmmph!

Anywhere nice to go around Penang in such weather? It's weekend, come on! It shouldn't be turned into hibernating days every end of the week... Why am I not creative anymore when it comes to planning outdoor activities? Have I fallen into the trap of momhood? I shudder to think of being one like my grandmother used to be. No way... it's just not me.

2 comments:

Edie Mindell said...

It's okay to just sit and relax every now and then, especially when the weather doesn't permit us to go outside. I suggest you bond with your kid by playing together indoors or just to read to her a few storybooks. If you want to have some relaxation just for yourself, you can opt for a pamper-me-at home-day (spa and massage sets work perfectly). Either ways, being comfortable with what you do is all that matters.

ayala land premier said...

You could just rent a movie and stay in. Its relaxing to watch movies when its raining all day
SM Residences