Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Maid chapter

I have not shared this concern before in my blog. But I think I'll share now. Anxiety has been the key feeling of mine for the last few days. Not surprising especially when it concerns this matter, don't you think so?

Hmmm, where shall I start? Well, let's just put it this way - the need of having a maid to run the household with this semi-efficient wife cum mommy has cropped up again. In fact, hubby and I are giving it a very serious thought about having one now. It is with the hope that both of us will be released from doing the petty housework (which needs to be done on a regular basis in order to have a healthy home environment) and focus on other more important matters like spending quality time with Leia, spending more time with just the two of us, working on our investment matters, getting more sleep, having more time for leisure activities, etc, etc.

Yeah, very ironic situation, I know. Here I am quitting my high paid job for a not-so high paid job so that I can have more time for the family... and yet this yours truly still fail to keep the house in tip top condition. It's to the extent that we need to resort to a maid...??? Mind-boggling, isn't it?

Having a maid will cost us a total average of RM650-800 per month! Not a small sum, indeed. Plus all the maid horror stories that we're hearing everyday, it seems like a unwise move. But.... but....but if we do the mathematics right which is to include all the intangible costs (plus benefits) incurred, we should still be able to afford one.

When we have one, we won't have to send Leia to my aunty's place (her baby-sitter) on everyday basis. Leia can stay at home with my pa-in-law and maid for a few weekdays and the rest of the weekdays with my aunt. With that sort of arrangement, we would save some on car petrol, energy and equally important - time which then translates into expenditure for maid's salary. We can then cut down on unnecessary stress gained from getting caught in traffic jams everyday.

Then, I would have more time in brushing up my cooking skills too! Hahaha...let's see.

2 comments:

SMAA said...

update, update!

anne said...

hi mel!

ok, ok. must update more often. just posted 1, hehehe....